The Society of British and International Design is the professional accrediting organisation for the interior design industry in the UK representing a community of professionals in the field of design including interior designers, architects manufacturers and showrooms. SBID accredits design professionals from around the world, in accordance with the ECIA Charter of Education, who operate across both commercial and residential sectors and represent the range and diversity of a remarkable and creative global industry.
The event will be headed by the main designer Natalya Bolshakova that will introduce Diogo Carvalho the Head designer of DelightFULL. At this opening also will be present:
– British Ambassador to Ukraine, Judith Gough;
– President of SBID, Vanessa Brady, an interior designer with 30 years of experience and numerous awards. In 2014, for the development of the design industry, Ms. Brady received the Order of the British Empire, one of the highest awards of the UK;
– Special guest of the evening – Diogo Carvalho, creative director of DelightFULL,a leading brand in the field of lighting and the international trend-setter in the field of interior design and Polina Tetereleva, Russian sales manager which will translate the presentation for the native speakers
– The best designers and architects from different regions of the country;
– Representatives of the specialized universities;
– Partners and vendors.
The team is prepared for the event that will happen today.
SBID is the only UK representative of the European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA), which establishes the European standards in interior design and is also part of a global network of 50,000 professionally accredited designers. The Society informs both professionals and consumers about trends, interesting projects and important events within the field of interior design. The primary purpose of the representative office is to promote SBID’s professional standards and support fair competition in within the Ukrainian market, facilitating the networking of local design specialists with manufacturers in Ukraine and abroad.
They will act as the channel promoting continued professional development opportunities for SBID accredited designers; providing free participation via seminars, round tables and other events in this field.
They will facilitate the recognition of professional Ukrainian design professionals through accreditation and create the appropriate medium to attract investment in the field of construction, production and interior design in Ukraine as well as building up a positive image of Ukraine as being capable to work under European standards.
The representative office has become possible thanks to efforts of SBID Regional Directors Nataliya Bolshakova, interior designer and Member of SBID, and Yuliya Danilova, Founder of Domio Home Interiors.